Sunday, October 30, 2011

Feeling Sad

Today was the last day of our homestay, I really had a great time with my host family, they took me to a store that recreates the past and mixes it with the present, they sell toys and things that people used to have and use, it was a nice experience. Then we went to Boone and we had pizza, the pizza was delicious. My host family lent me a guitar to keep myself entertained, that was a nice gesture. In the morning before coming to Boone we had a last jamming session with the kids, they liked the chords I showed them for the Smooth Criminal song, and after the jamming session they showed me a couple of videos that they liked, Camy made some hot chocolate with some of the candy they got, they love candy a lot.

I got back to the hotel at 3 and I went to pick the things from the room, then I practiced a couple of songs on the guitar, and I watched the movie "The sixth sense" I had seen it before a long time ago but it was nice to see it again, it is a good movie, then I went to wallmart to buy some deodorant and orange juice.

Here are some of the pictures I took today.

 The place where their house is is very nice there are a lot of trees.
 Another of the views that you can get.
 This is their house it is beautiful and very comfortable.
 That's the store I was talking about, it is interesting to see how they haven't forgotten the past and even more so how they adapt it to fit their present.
 Inside the store, as you can see it was very crowded, but it's because tourist like to come and see it, the house is old and some of the things are very old too. The store was re opened 30 years ago.
 A group was playing in the place and I took a picture, the man told me I had to leave a tip right away :)
 They are the kids, next to an old post office that is still working in the present time.
 These are the mailboxes and people that live nearby come and still pick their mail here.
 Outside with my host family and two of their best friends, the only one missing is Tracy.

Well that is it, I am done, I am going to play the guitar a bit, it was sad to say good bye to them, but maybe I will see them in another occasion, I was glad to stay with them, and to eat after a long time some homemade food, it was great by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment